Why guardianship? Sometimes we are faced with the tragic circumstance that a loved one or client can no longer make decisions for himself or herself. That may be due to dementia, illness, injury, stroke, etc. The person must be protected so that:
- Medical decisions are timely and prudent, including informed consent,
- Residential or other care can be provided,
- Public and private benefits can be maximized, and
- Assets can be protected from theft or wasting.
Who should be the guardian? A family member is the first choice to be the court-appointed guardian. Some times that is not possible and a professional guardian is needed.
If a professional guardian is needed, Lennie is a great choice.
- Registered with the Florida Department of Elder Affairs for seventeen years.
- Certified by the Center for Guardianship Certification as a National Master Guardian. This exceptional accreditation is based years of experience, recommendations, training and examinations. Approximately four dozen individuals in the nation hold this certification.
- Experienced as a trainer, author and leader in the field.
✔️ Currently Vice President of the Florida State Guardianship Association
✔️ Served as both Guardian and Guardian Advocate for a person suffering both mental illness and drug abuse. Treatment for both was successful.
Lennie is best used for novel or complex cases and those involving significant conflict.